Milton, NC

Milton, situated in Caswell County, is a small town made up of .4 square miles.

2017 Best Guide to Milton, NC

August 11, 2017

The town was incorporated in 1796.  

Milton was home to furniture maker Thomas Day, who was a rare African American to have his freedom prior to the Civil War.  

Demographics

The median resident age in Milton is 51 years. The median estimated household income is about $29,000 making it about $19,000 less than the North Carolina average. The estimated per capita is about $24,000. The average price for a home in Milton is about $103,000 (2015) which is $57,000 less than the North Carolina Average. Expect to pay about $550 a month for rent. 

The racial makeup of Milton is 51% White, 46% Black, and 3% Two or more races. 87% of the population are high school graduates, with 22% holding a Bachelor's Degree or higher. 40% are married, 24% are divorced, 2% are separated, 19% are widowed, leaving 15% that have never been married.

Towns Nearby

Danville, NC
Yanceyville, NC
Blairs, VA
Mount Hermon, NC
Roxboro, NC
Cluster Springs, VA
Ruffin, NC
Mountain Road, VA

Caswell County

Milton belongs to Caswell County in the north-central part of North Carolina. Caswell County is named after Richard Caswell; he was the Governor of North Carolina from 1776 to 1780. In 1777, the county was formed from part of Orange County. Caswell County has a population of 24,000 and its largest city Yanceyville, with a population of 2,000, is the county seat.

Caswell County borders Person, Orange, Alamance, Halifax (Virginia), Pittsylvania (Virginia), Danville (Virginia), and Rockingham counties.

Caswell County is made up of 428 square miles. 425 of which is land with the remaining 3 as water.

Population

The population of Milton, NC is about 160. The population has been steadily decreasing since the 1890s.

Elevation

The elevation of Milton, NC is 482 feet above sea level.

Zip Code

The zip code for Milton, NC is 27305.

Area Code

The area code for Milton, NC is 336.

Politics and Religion

Historically speaking Milton and Caswell County have voted mostly Republican, with 51% going to Mitt Romney during the 2012 Presidential Election. This represents the trend for the previous two out of three elections.

As of 2010, 68% of the population are religiously unafiliated (Nones), with the remaining 32% being Protestants.

Economy

The unemployment rate for Milton is about 6% (2015), making it higher than the state average of around 5%. Manufacturing and retail make nearly 50% of the most common industries in the town.

Newspaper & Obituaries

The Caswell Messenger is the primary newspaper that covers the Caswell County area.


 

Weather
Zip Code
Woodside Inn
Aunt Millies
Longwood House

Milton on City Data
Milton on Wikipedia
Chamber of Commerce

-