Pollocksville, NC

Pollocksville, situated in Jones County, is a small town made up of .3 square miles.

2017 Best Guide to Pollocksville, NC

August 31, 2017

Pollocksville is Jones County's oldest town. It was incorporated in 1834. 

Demographics

The median resident age in Pollocksville is 28 years. The median estimated household income is about $20,000 making it about $28,000 less than the North Carolina average. The estimated per capita is about $14,000. The average price for a home in Pollocksville is about $115,000 (2015) which is $45,000 less than the North Carolina Average. Expect to pay about $600 a month for rent.

The racial makeup of Pollocksville is 68% White, 29% Black, 1% Two or more races, and 2% other. 91% of the population are high school graduates, with 13% holding a Bachelor's Degree or higher. 55% are married, 9% are divorced, 2% are separated, 20% are widowed, leaving 14% that have never been married.

Towns Nearby

River Bend, NC
Maysville, NC
Trenton, NC
Brices Creek, NC
Trent Woods, NC
New Bern, NC
James City, NC
Cove City, NC

Jones County

Pollocksville belongs to Jones County in the eastern part of North Carolina. The county, named after Willie Jones, is part of the New Bern, NC Micropolitan Statistical Area. In 1779, the county was formed from a part of Craven County. Jones County has a population of 10,000 and the town Trenton, with a population of 300, is the county seat.

Jones County borders Carteret, Onslow, Duplin, Lenoir, and Craven counties.

Jones County is made up of 473 square miles. 471 of which is land with the remaining 2 as water.

Population

The population of Pollocksville, NC is about 310. The population has seen an overall decrease since the 1970s.

Elevation

The elevation of Pollocksville, NC is 16 feet above sea level.

Zip Code

The zip code for Pollocksville, NC is 28573.

Area Code

The area code for Pollocksville, NC is 252.

Politics and Religion

Historically speaking Pollocksville and Jones County have voted mostly Republican, with 54% going to Mitt Romney during the 2012 Presidential Election. This represents the trend for the previous three or four elections.

As of 2010, 62% of the population are religiously unafiliated (Nones), with the remaining 38% being Protestant.

Economy

The unemployment rate for Pollocksville is about 6% (2015), making it higher than the state average of around 5%. Social assistance makes nearly 50% of the most common industries in the town.

Newspaper & Obituaries

The Sun Journal is the primary newspapers that cover the Jones County area.


 

ECIM
Carolina East
Zip Code
Homes for Sale
Trent Motel
Trent Restaurant
Real Estate
History

Town of Pollocksville NC
Pollocksville on City Data
Pollocksville on Wikipedia
Chamber of Commerce

-