Trenton, NC

Trenton, situated in Jones County, is a small town made up of .2 square miles.

2018 Best Guide to Trenton, NC

November 1, 2017

The town was founded sometime in the 1770s or 1780s.  

Trenton was originally named Trent Town. The name was changed by the time the town was incorporated in 1874.

A fire broke out in the town in the early 1940s, causing a considerable amount of damage in the town.

Demographics

The median resident age in Trenton is 30 years. The median estimated household income is about $36,000 making it about $12,000 less than the North Carolina average. The estimated per capita is about $15,000. The average price for a home in Trenton is about $86,000 (2015) which is $74,000 less than the North Carolina Average. Expect to pay about $650 a month for rent.

The racial makeup of Trenton is 50% White, 37% Black, 6% Two or more races, and 7% other. 78% of the population are high school graduates, with 20% holding a Bachelor's Degree or higher. 44% are married, 11% are divorced, 8% are separated, 7% are widowed, leaving 30% that have never been married.

Towns Nearby

Pollocksville, NC
Cove City, NC
Dover, NC
River Bend, NC
Maysville, NC
Trent Woods, NC
Richlands, NC
Brices Creek, NC

Jones County

Trenton belongs to Jones County in the eastern part of North Carolina. The county, named after Willie Jones, is part of the New Bern, NC Micropolitan Statistical Area. In 1779, the county was formed from a part of Craven County. Jones County has a population of 10,000 and the town Trenton, with a population of 300, is the county seat.

Jones County borders Carteret, Onslow, Duplin, Lenoir, and Craven counties.

Jones County is made up of 473 square miles. 471 of which is land with the remaining 2 as water.

Population

The population of Trenton, NC is about 280. The population has been steadily decreasing since the 1970's.

Elevation

The elevation of Trenton, NC is 13 feet above sea level.

Zip Code

The zip code for Trenton, NC is 28585.

Area Code

The area code for Trenton, NC is 252.

Politics and Religion

Historically speaking Trenton and Jones County have voted mostly Republican, with 54% going to Mitt Romney during the 2012 Presidential Election. This represents the trend for the previous three or four elections.

As of 2010, 62% of the population are religiously unafiliated (Nones), with the remaining 38% as Protestants.

Economy

The unemployment rate for Trenton is about 6% (2015), making it higher than the state average of around 5%. Retail, manufacturing, and construction make nearly 50% of the most common industries in the town.

Newspaper & Obituaries

The Jones County News is the primary newspaper that covers the Jones County area.


 

Weather
Zip Code
Homes for Sale
Subway
Realo
Jones Senior High School
Courthouse
LCC
Aggies
SECU
Jones Middle School
County
Jones County Tire
Brock Motors
Jones County Water Department
News
Brocks Mill

Trenton on City Data
Trenton on Wikipedia
Chamber of Commerce

-