White Lake, NC

White Lake, situated in Bladen County, is a small town made up of 2.6 square miles.

2018 Best Guide to White Lake, NC

January 11, 2018

Demographics

The median resident age in White Lake is 44 years. The median estimated household income is about $46,000 making it about $2,000 less than the North Carolina average. The estimated per capita is about $30,000. The average price for a home in White Lake is about $150,000 (2015) which is $10,000 less than the North Carolina Average. Expect to pay about $700 a month for rent. 

The racial makeup of White Lake is 84% White, 9% Hispanic, 1% Two or more races, and 6% other. 95% of the population are high school graduates, with 35% holding a Bachelor's Degree or higher. 51% are married, 13% are divorced, 3% are separated, 9% are widowed, leaving 24% that have never been married. 

Towns Nearby

Elizabethtown, NC
Garland, NC
Dublin, NC
Clarkton, NC
White Oak, NC
Ivanhoe, NC
Kelly, NC
Ingold, NC

Bladen County

White Lake belongs to Bladen County in the south-eastern part of North Carolina. The County, previously known as Bladen Precinct (1734), is named after Martin Bladen. Bladen County has a population of 35,200 and its largest city Elizabethtown, with a population of 3,600, is the county seat.

The county was originally a large territory with undefined boundaries, but the reductions of Bladen began with the western part becoming Anson County in 1750. These reductions would continue for the next 58 years, and Bladen would be known as the "mother county" of North Carolina due to 55 of the 100 counties in the state originally belonging to Bladen County.

Bladen County borders Cumberland, Sampson, Pender, Columbus, and Robeson counties.

Bladen County is made up of 887 square miles. 874 of which is land with the remaining 13 as water.

Population

The population of White Lake, NC is about 800. The population has been steadily increasing since the 1990's.

Elevation

The elevation of White Lake, NC is 69 feet above sea level.

Zip Code

The zip code for White Lake, NC is 28337.

Area Code

The area code for White Lake, NC is 910.

Politics and Religion

Historically speaking White Lake and Bladen County have voted mostly Democrat, with 51% going to Barrack Obama during the 2012 Presidential Election. This represents the trend for the previous four or five elections.

As of 2010, 46% of the population are religiously unafiliated (Nones), with the remaining 54% identifying as Protestant.

Economy

The unemployment rate for White Lake is about 8% (2015), making it higher than the state average of around 5%. Agriculture, technical services, and manufacturing make nearly 50% of the most common industries in the town.

Newspaper & Obituaries

The Bladen Journal is the primary newspaper that covers the Bladen County area.


 

Rentals
Hotels
Weather
Camping
White Lake Holiday Resort
Real Estate
Camp Clearwater
Pizza Connection
Water Park
Places to Stay
Silver Sands
Beach
History
Zip Code
Melwood Court
Map
Vacation Rentals
Langston Motel
Campgrounds
Goldston Beach
Fishing
Amusement Park
Goldston Motel
Things to Do
Places to Stay
Motels
Barking Lot
Water Park
Tarheel Cottages
Global Realty

Town of White Lake NC
White Lake on City Data
White Lake on Wikipedia
Chamber of Commerce

-