Yanceyville, NC

Yanceyville, situated in Caswell County, is a town made up of 5.6 square miles.

2018 Best Guide to Yanceyville, NC

March 14, 2018

The town was originally founded as Caswell Court House and was appointed the county seat of Caswell County in 1792. The town's name was changed to Yanceyville in 1833.  

Demographics

The median resident age in Yanceyville is 43 years. The median estimated household income is about $18,000 making it about $32,000 less than the North Carolina average. The estimated per capita is about $12,000. The average price for a home in Yanceyville is about $90,000 (2016) which is $75,000 less than the North Carolina Average. Expect to pay about $500 a month for rent. 

The racial makeup of Yanceyville is 52% Black, 38% White, 2% Two or more races, and 8% other. 68% of the population are high school graduates, with 8% holding a Bachelor's Degree or higher. 27% are married, 13% are divorced, 2% are separated, 11% are widowed, leaving 47% that have never been married.

Towns Nearby

Ruffin, NC
Milton, NC
Danville, NC
Altamahaw, NC
Ossipee, NC
Blairs, VA
Reidsville, NC

Caswell County

Yanceyville belongs to Caswell County in the north-central part of North Carolina. Caswell County is named after Richard Caswell; he was the Governor of North Carolina from 1776 to 1780. In 1777, the county was formed from part of Orange County. Caswell County has a population of 24,000 and its largest city Yanceyville, with a population of 2,000, is the county seat.

Caswell County borders Person, Orange, Alamance, Halifax (Virginia), Pittsylvania (Virginia), Danville (Virginia), and Rockingham counties.

Caswell County is made up of 428 square miles. 425 of which is land with the remaining 3 as water.

Population

The population of Yanceyville, NC is about 2,000. The population has been steadily increasing since the town was founded.

Elevation

The elevation of Yanceyville, NC is 617 feet above sea level.

Zip Code

The zip code for Yanceyville, NC is 27397.

Area Code

The area code for Yanceyville, NC is 336.

Politics and Religion

Historically speaking Yanceyville and Caswell County have voted mostly Republican, with 54% going to Donald Trump during the 2016 Presidential Election. This represents the trend for the previous three or four elections.

As of 2010, 68% of the population are religiously unafiliated (Nones), with the remaining 32% being Protestant.

Economy

The unemployment rate for Yanceyville is about 6% (2015), making it higher than the state average of around 5%. Food service and manufacturing make over 50% of the most common industries in the town.

Newspaper & Obituaries

The Caswell Messenger is the primary newspaper that covers the Caswell County area.


 

Weather
Caswell House
Zip Code
McDonalds
SECU
Hardees
Homes for Sale
Restaurants
Courthouse
News
Bartlett Yancey High School
Jail
Houses for Rent
Apartments
Real Estate
Caswell House

Town of Yanceyville NC
Yanceyville on City Data
Yanceyville on Wikipedia
Chamber of Commerce

-